Saturday, November 5, 2016

I Believe

Today is a difficult day for me. I just found out a fellow cancer traveler died. I'm glad that she was went to the Lord on Our Lady's Saturday but it's a shame. She had been in remission for a number of years but it came back. She was a wonderful person. It's a reminder to me not to take anything for granted. Every new day is a precious gift. I know that sounds corny but it's true.
I'm also dealing with a new medication change. I won't get into the boring details of how or why but right now my joints are aching (a side effect) and I can't wait to get to the five year mark and be done with all of this.
I realize it's time to surrender AGAIN. It's an ongoing process that I'll be doing for the rest of my life. I also realize that if my head believes it my heart will follow. Surrender isn't an emotional thing, it's an intellectual assent and a conscious decision to buy into God's plan. This may seem really obvious to everybody but I need to remind myself.
So.....I surrender God!! I Believe there's a purpose to my life!!
Here's a music video that I think sums it all up nicely: